CD Universe - Find New Release Music CDs by Music Artist, Studio Label or Music Album Title

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Inspirational.

About two weeks ago I was on Facebook and read this post that was very inspiring and ever since then I've been seeing it all over the social media world, so I decided to share it with you guys and I hope that you too find it as inspiring as I did.

A well-known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20 bill.  In the room of 200, he asked "Who would like this $20 bill?" Hands started going up.  He said, "I am going to give this $20  to one of you but first, let me do this."  He proceeded to crumple up the $20 bill.  He then asked "Who still wants it..?" Still the hands were up in the air.  "Well," he replied, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe.  He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty.  "Now, who still wants it?" Still the hands went into the air.  "My friends, we have all learned a very valuable lesson.  No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value.  It was still worth $20.  Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way.  We may feel as though we are worthless.  But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you never lose your value.  Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to those who do love you.  The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or who we know, but by who we are.  You are special, don't ever forget it."

I think many times in our lives we forget how amazing we are.  When you're constantly dealing with people putting you down or just being negative, or things in our lives always seeming as though they're going wrong, it becomes easy to forget, but we must always remember that we are special and although things may seem like they're always going wrong, it gets better in time!  

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello lovely readers, thank you for stopping by! Leave a comment below, I would love to know your thoughts! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...