CD Universe - Find New Release Music CDs by Music Artist, Studio Label or Music Album Title

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Beauty Secrets 101

Thanks to Pinterest, I've been able to find some great facial masks.  I've been doing facial masks for a while now and while some are really good they never seemed to work all that great.............until yesterday.  I was able to pin this amazing honey, cinnamon and nutmeg facial mask and this honey and baking soda lip scrub (my lips have been peeling like mad).  Being the person that I am, I felt it was necessary to share both of these with you guys.  Who wouldn't want flawless skin and kissable lips?

Before going through with the mask, I did a little research to see what cinnamon and nutmeg did for the skin and here's what I found:
Cinnamon on the skin allows blood and oxygen to come to the surface of the skin and can rid your face and back of acne.  Cinnamon masks can irritate skin so it should only be applied once a week.
Nutmeg contains astringent and anti-flammatory properties, allowing it to reduce swelling around clogged pores for smaller pores and smoother scars.

After doing my due diligence, I saw no harm in going through with the actual mask.

HONEY, CINNAMON, AND NUTMEG FACIAL MASK

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons Honey (My Mom bought the honey from a farmer's market and it's soooo good)
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Nutmeg

Mix ingredients together to create a paste.  Before applying to face, test on skin (I did my wrist) to make sure it doesn't irritate the skin.  Apply to face and leave on for 30 minutes.  After 30 minutes, wash with warm water in circular motion for exfoliation.  Moisturize.

*As stated earlier, only use this mask once a week.

 Having fully completed the mask, I moved on to the lip scrub, which I am so glad I found because my lips have been peeling like crazy and it doesn't matter how much I moisturize them it doesn't seem to stop the peeling.  I needed a remedy fast.

HONEY AND BAKING SODA LIP SCRUB

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon Honey
1 teaspoon Baking Soda

Mix ingredients together to create a paste.  Apply to lips for 5 minutes.  Once your 5 minutes are up, rub lips, then rinse lips with warm water.  Apply vaseline or cocoa butter for moisture.

I really enjoyed both the mask and the lip scrub.  I felt so renewed and rejuvenated and these will definitely be my go-to remedies from now on.  I hope you all give it a try as well and let me know how it worked for you.

What's your go-to facial mask?

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello lovely readers, thank you for stopping by! Leave a comment below, I would love to know your thoughts! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...